Your best defense against downtime
The best way to deal with problems is to stop them from happening in the first place. That’s where CLM preventative maintenance comes in.
A good preventative maintenance program incorporates a comprehensive backup plan, measures to secure the system against malicious exploits, periodic hardware and software maintenance, and steps to maintain general system tidiness. The goals of preventative maintenance are to reduce the likelihood of hardware failures, extend the useful life of the system, minimize system crashes caused by outdated drivers and other software problems, secure the system against viruses and other malware, and prevent data loss.
Preventive Maintenance Activity
- Anti-virus software update, regular virus scans
- Monitor and verify functionality and validity of system backups and restore
- Perform regular firmware checks with individual hardware vendors
- Very functionality of cooling fans, chassis vents and heat sinks
- The registry scans and startup environment cleanup
- Temporary files and file clutter clean-up
- Check your power protection