What is Hyper-Converged System?
Hyper-converged infrastructure solutions are a software-centric architecture that tightly integrates compute, storage, networking and virtualization resources and other technologies (BDR, Automation…etc) into a single chassis as a building block and expanded by just adding additional blocks. All network, storage, compute and virtualization resources are then managed through a unified toolset and interface that orchestrates resource configurations.
What are the benefits of Hyper-Converged systems?
- Some Potential Benefits to Capitalize on with Hyper-Converged Systems:
- Reduced expenses for expensive networking and storage hardware
- Lower maintenance costs and more predictable maintenance costs
- Significantly reduced provisioning times, reduced human error
- Greater agility so that applications and services can easily be replaced, migrated or transferred
- Hardware resources are easily and quickly expandable via adding another “block” that integrates seamlessly with previous infrastructure